When it comes to washing your client’s curly hair, making some small changes to the wash technique can make a huge difference!
First, let's start with the shampoo!
- Drench your clients curls in water. Really spend some time soaking them, removing buildup, and separating as many curls as possible to ensure the water saturates the hair.
- After 3-5 minutes of just water, then apply the shampoo and scrub it on the scalp, NOT the hair.
- After thoroughly cleansing and massaging the scalp, now begin to detangle with your fingers the curls, adding a wet brush and gently raking out the curls depending on the volume desired.
Next, it's conditioning time!
- Take some time to ensure you have rinsed and scrubbed the shampoo out of your clients curls and scalp. You don’t want to create buildup by leaving cleanser behind.
- After the cleanser is fully rinsed, repeat the scrubbing process on the scalp, then the curls with the conditioner.
- Once those steps are complete, rinse and rake your clients hair until the water runs clear and nothing is left.
More cleansing tips:
- Use circular motions at the roots rather than at the top layer to prevent creating tangles.
- Save most of the detangling for when the conditioner is applied. Conditioning not only provides moisture to the hair, but it makes detangling much easier!
- Follow up your clients wash with the Rëzo Towel to help speed up the drying process while cutting down on the frizz.