Terms & Conditions
Rëzo Academy Policies
If you are unable to make it to the class after having registered, please give us at least 7 days notice so we can attempt to fill the spot. However, we understand things happen and we will happily work with you.
Once a payment is made for a class we do not issue a cash refund. We will be happy to give you credit towards any of our available future classes. By making a payment to Rëzo Academy you are agreeing to our terms + conditions.
Subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Course payment is non-refundable.
Class fees are subject to applicable local taxes.
Signature of this agreement confirms acceptance by client of the invoice and all terms and conditions.
RËZO ACADEMY CONFIDENTIALITY,
NON-DISCLOSURE AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AGREEMENT
This agreement is entered into by Rëzo Sisterhood LLC (hereinafter, “Rëzo” or “Company”)1 and Myself.
In consideration and as a condition of my engagement as an independent contractor, or continued education or engagement as an independent contractor, by Rëzo Sisterhood LLC (hereinafter, “Rëzo”), and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and suciency of which are hereby acknowledged, I hereby acknowledge and agree to the following:
1. Confidential Information. In the performance of my duties with Rëzo, I will be exposed to confidential information of the Company. Confidential Information means information or material that is commercially valuable to the Company and not generally known or readily ascertainable in the industry or to the public. Confidential Information includes but is not limited to the following:
a) Information relating to the business and operations of Rëzo, which include, without limitation, information and photographs, films, videos and other recordings about models, stylists, educators, artists and other individuals related to the business and operations of Rëzo; b) The personal and professional life and aairs of Nubia Rëzo and her family, friends, clients and other social or professional acquaintances;
c) Information concerning Company’s business, including cost information, profits, sales information, accounting and unpublished financial information, business plans, markets and marketing methods, customer lists and customer information,
1 As used in this Agreement, Rëzo Sisterhood LLC includes the Company, its subsidiaries, current and/or future aliates, licensees, agents, representatives, retailers (direct or indirect), and related companies and their successors and assigns, Nubia Suarez, each and every person acting on behalf of Nubia Suarez, the Company or any other aliates.
purchasing techniques, supplier lists and supplier information and advertising strategies;
d) Technical information concerning Company’s products and services, including product know-how, formulas, designs, devices, diagrams, software code, test results, processes, inventions, research projects and product development, technical memoranda and correspondence;
e) Design, hair education, techniques, and procedures, and a broad range of artistic or theatrical concepts, processes, techniques, inventions and related developments;
f) Information concerning Company and/or independent contractors, including salaries, pay structure and benefits, if any, strengths, weaknesses, and skills;
g) Information submitted by Company’s customers, suppliers, consultants or co-venture partners with Company; and
h) any other information not generally known to the public which, if misused or disclosed, could reasonably be expected to adversely aect Company’s business
2. Reputation of Nubia Suarez. I acknowledge that Nubia Suarez is a well-known hair stylist and that her reputation and position are vitally important to her and the Company and that her continued personal success as well as the success of the Company are dependent upon maintaining the confidentiality of information relating to Nubia Suarez, Rëzo and to persons and entities with which she or the Company does business, as provided for in this Agreement.
3. Non Disclosure of Trade Secrets. I shall keep Company’s Confidential Information, whether or not prepared or developed by me, in the strictest confidence. I will not disclose such information to anyone outside Company without Company’s prior written consent. I will not make use of any Confidential Information for my own purposes or the benefit of anyone other than Company.
However, I shall have no obligation to treat as confidential any information which:
a) was in my possession or known to me, without an obligation to keep it confidential, before such information was disclosed to me by Company;
b) is or becomes public knowledge through a source other than me and through no fault of me, or
c) is or becomes lawfully available to me from a source other than Company.
I agree that I will not at any time disclose, comment on, publish, post or distribute on the internet in any manner (whether on a blog, social networking site, or otherwise or other means of publication), or otherwise disclose or use any of the Confidential Information described in this Agreement, nor will I cause or assist anyone else to disclose, comment on, publish, post, or distribute on the internet in any manner (whether on a blog, social networking site, or otherwise), or otherwise disclose or use any such information, nor will I use such information for my own benefit (or cause such information to be used for my own or another’s benefit), including without limitation giving any interviews, writing any material, or taking any photographs or other recordings concerning the Company or Nubia Suarez, unless I have received the prior written consent of the Company and Nubia Suarez. If I have any doubts as to whether a piece of information is subject to this Agreement, I will consult with the Company.
4. Return of Materials. When my class or engagement as an independent contractor with Company ends, for whatever reason, I will promptly deliver to Company all originals and copies of all documents, records, software programs, media and other materials containing any Confidential Information. I will also return to Company all equipment, files, software programs and other personal property belonging to Company.
Written Consent. I agree that during my class or engagement as Independent Contractor I shall not make, use or permit to be used outside of the performance of my duties for Rëzo any Confidential Information, unless I obtain the Company’s prior written authorization. I further agree that I shall not at any time use or permit to be used outside of the performance of my duties for Rëzo any such Confidential Information it being agreed that all of the foregoing shall be and remain the sole and exclusive property of the Company.
Tangible Items. I acknowledge that I may, from time to time, come into possession of tangible items which are the property of the Company. I agree that all such items and any copies of such items are the exclusive property of the Company and the originals and all copies will be immediately returned to the Company at the Company’s request. I will not share any such tangible items with anyone without the prior written consent of the Company.
7. Developments. I agree to and acknowledge that the Company shall own all “developments” conceived by me during the engagement as Independent Contractor and the provisions of Appendix A shall be binding and deemed incorporated into this agreement. Any such developments conceived by me during my engagement is and shall be deemed “work-for-hire”.
8. Confidentiality Obligation Survives Class. My obligation to maintain the confidentiality and security of Confidential Information remains even after my engagement as Independent Contractor for Company ends.
9. General Provisions
a) Relationships: Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be deemed to make me a
partner or joint venturer of Company for any purpose.
b) No Presumption: This Agreement was negotiated and accordingly shall be construed without regard to any presumption or other rule requiring construction against the party causing this Agreement to be drafted.
c) Construction: In the event that any provision hereof is found unenforceable or invalid, the objectionable provision shall be revised to comport with law and preserve intact as nearly as possible the intent of the parties as expressed herein, or if not feasible or permissible, severed so as not to aect the Agreement in whole and the remaining provisions hereof.
d) Rights Cumulative: All rights, powers and privileges conferred upon the parties by this Agreement shall be cumulative, not exclusive, and shall be in addition to and shall not restrict those available at law, at equity or otherwise, unless otherwise provided herein.
e) Integration: This Agreement expresses the complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous proposals, agreements, representations, and understandings. This Agreement may not be amended except in a writing signed by both Company and myself.
f) Waiver: The failure to exercise any right provided in this Agreement shall not be a waiver of prior or subsequent rights. No waiver shall be eective unless in writing signed by the Company and me.
g) Injunctive Relief: I agree that any breach of this Agreement or the promises contained herein by me will cause irreparable damage to the Company and that in the event of such breach, the Company shall have, in addition to any and all remedies of law and in equity, the right to a temporary restraining order, preliminary or permanent injunction without bond or other security and without the need to show actual harm, specific performance or other equitable relief to prevent the violation of my obligations hereunder.
h) Indemnification and Damages: I agree to indemnify Company against any and all losses, damages, claims or expenses incurred or suered by Company as a result of my breach of this Agreement. I agree that I will indemnify the Company for all expenses incurred as a result of my breach of this Agreement, including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs incurred by the Company in enforcing this Agreement.
i) Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey.
j) Jurisdiction. I consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts located in New Jersey in any action arising out of or relating to this Agreement. I waive any other venue to which I might be entitled by domicile or otherwise.
k) Successors & Assigns. This Agreement shall bind each party’s heirs, successors and assigns. The Company may assign this Agreement to any party at any time. I shall not assign any of my rights or delegate any of my obligations under this Agreement without Company’s prior written consent. Any assignment or transfer in violation of this section shall be void.
10. Signatures. I have carefully read all of this Agreement and agree that all of the restrictions set forth are fair and reasonably required to protect Company’s interests. I have received a copy of this Agreement signed by the parties.